This tart is one of the best desserts to make as we move into summer. The combination of hazelnut praline and dark chocolate ganache is guaranteed to impress family and friends after a summer night’s dinner. And aren’t we all looking forward to more of those! Apart from the base, this recipe doesn’t involve standing in front of a hot oven, which alone is reason enough to give this one a try. Served cold straight from the fridge, this chocolate tart is incredibly refreshing, yet still so rich and chocolatey, full of lovely textures from the hazelnut praline and biscuit base.
Makes 1 Tart : 24cm Tart Tin
- 90g Roasted Hazelnuts
- 140g Caster Sugar
- Tart Base:
- 350g of Digestive biscuits (or any other plain biscuit of your choice)
- 190g of Melted butter
- 10g of Cocoa powder
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 200g Dark chocolate
- 285ml Thickened cream
• Start by preheating your oven to 150c.
• Put your hazelnuts on a baking tray, evenly spread out and put it in the oven, once the oven has heated up.
• Bake for 10-15 minutes.
• Remove hazelnuts and allow to cool.
• Once your hazelnuts have cooled, start on the sugar mixture.
• Add your caster sugar to a small pot over medium heat.
• Swirl the pan, or stir with a spoon. The sugar will gradually melt down.
• Once passed the grainy stage, when the sugar has melted down and is taking on a dark brown colour, add your hazelnuts and coat them in the sugar mixture.
• Without delay pour the hazelnuts and sugar onto a lined baking tray, and spread out with a spoon (carefully as it will be hot).
• Leave to cool for 25-30 mins. Once cooled, place the hazelnut and sugar mixture to a food processor or blender, and pulse until you have a coarse mixture. Set aside for later. Tart Base:
• Add your digestive biscuits to a food processor or blender, and pulse until you have fine mixture. Add the mixture to a large bowl.
• Sift your cocoa powder into the same bowl and mix until combined.
• Melt your butter in the microwave or in a small pan and pour into your bowl with the biscuit and cocoa and mix until combined.
• Pour into your 24cm tart tin and press the biscuit mixture into the tart tin until compressed. You can also use the bottom of a small glass to press the mixture into the tart tin.
• Bake base in the oven on 150c for 25 mins, until the biscuit is hard.
• Once baked, put the tart tin in your fridge to cool, whilst you make the chocolate ganache.
• Chop your dark chocolate finely. You can also use a blender. Once your dark chocolate is finely chopped, add to a bowl and set aside.
• Pour your thickened cream into a small pot, and heat over medium heat.
• Once your cream is warm, hot but not boiling, take it off the heat and pour over your chopped chocolate.
• Leave for 1 minute, before whisking it together.
• Take your cooled tart base out of the fridge and pour your chocolate ganache into the tart.
• Add your crushed hazelnut praline on top.
• Set your tart in the fridge overnight before eating.
This recipe was created by Aishah Kenton aka @whisk.it.good, check out Aishah's instagram here