Delicious Mexican shredded chicken served with a summer mango salsa will freshen up any fiesta.
Shredded Chicken tortillas and Mango Salsa
SHREDDED CHICKEN TORTILLAS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium spanish onion, sliced
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 50g burrito seasoning mix
- 300g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small BBQ chicken, meat removed from bones & shredded
- 10 pack corn tortillas
- 1/2 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large mango, peeled, finely diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 small spanish onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until onion is soft.
- Stir in seasoning mix, crushed tomatoes and 1 cup water. Simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Add kidney beans and shredded BBQ chicken meat and cook until heated through.
- To make mango salsa, place mango, cucumber, onion, mint, coriander and lime juice in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Heat tortillas according to packet instructions. Place shredded lettuce onto warmed tortillas. Top with chicken mixture and mango salsa.