with Herbal Yoghurt Dressing, Pomegranate and Walnuts
A warming, refreshing and beautifully flavoursome side to go with some roasted chicken, lamb or other main. Lovely as a vegetarian side to stuffed zucchinis, capsicums or other veg.
- 1 cauliflower
- ½ tbsp. turmeric powder (or more)
- 1 cup Cocotribe natural yoghurt
- 1 small handful of dill
- 1 small handful of mint
- 2 tbsp. walnuts
- 1 pomegranate (or a pack of pomegranate arils)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- black pepper
- Rinse the whole cauliflower then cut in half. Hold the stem of the cauliflower and grate each half of cauliflower on a large grater (discard or compost the stem). Heat a pan and add the coconut oil and the grated cauliflower. Add the turmeric and a large pinch of salt and black pepper. Cook the cauliflower rice for 5-7 minutes (on a medium heat) stirring lightly and mixing the turmeric powder through gently. You will notice the cauliflower rice begin to reduce in size slightly. Taste and season to your own preference. Set aside.
- Whilst the cauliflower turmeric rice is cooking, prepare the herbal yoghurt dressing by blending the yoghurt along with the dill and the mint. Process until all combined. Set aside.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and remove the pomegranate seeds from the pomegranate if using a whole pomegranate and not arils.
- To serve, divide the cauliflower turmeric rice on the plates, top with a tablespoon or more of the herbal yoghurt dressing, the walnuts and the pomegranate. Or serve the cauliflower turmeric rice in a large serving bowl with the extra toppings.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
Serves: 4 (as a side)
Recipe and photos by Anastasia Zolotarev. See her blog here.