Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 25mins
- 2 cups parboiled basmati rice
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 600g chicken breast
- 1 jar butter chicken sauce 450g (HFM or What’s for dinner)
- ½ cucumber
- ½ cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
- ¼ bunch coriander
- 1 packet papadums
- First cook the rice as per packet instructions - add ½ Tbsp of the ghee and a pinch of salt while cooking.
- Dice the chicken into medium size pieces approx. 2-3cm and set aside. In a medium-size saucepan, on high heat, add the other ½ Tbsp of ghee and sear the chicken for approx. 5mins until golden then add the butter sauce. Add water to the empty jar to fill ¼ of the jar, shake to rinse and add to the pan, stir well, bring to the boil and turn down to low, let cook for 10-15mins stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, wash, pick and finely chop the coriander. Grate the cucumber and place it into a small bowl with the yoghurt. Add the coriander and season with salt and pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Cook the papadums as per packet instruction, by shallow frying them or in the microwave.
- Once chicken and rice are cooked, serve hot with cucumber raita, papadums and garnish with some freshly chopped coriander.