- 1.2kg Salmon fillet, pin boned, skin on
- 3 tablespoon kecap manis
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 knob ginger, julienned
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded cut in long strips
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Preheat an oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Place the salmon skin side down on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- In a small mixing bowl add the kecap manis, soy sauce, ginger, chilli and sesame seed oil. Mix until well combined and pour over the salmon fillet. Place in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- While the salmon in baking, place a small pan on a medium heat. Add the peanut oil and allow to heat up. Add one garlic chip to the pan, if it bubbles when added, this means the oil is at the right temperature. Add the garlic slices and fry until golden. Once cooked, remove the garlic from the pan and place on a paper towel to dry then serve with salmon.
Time: 45 minutes