- ½ medium jap pumpkin, cut into 12 pieces
- 2 white onions, peeled
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups farro or buckwheat
- 100g walnuts
- 150g baby spinach
- 150g wild rocket
- 200g yoghurt
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- zest & juice 1 lemon
- Preheat an oven to 190° Celsius.
- Cut the pumpkin into 12 smaller wedges and each onion into 8ths. Toss the vegies with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread onto a lined baking tray. Roast for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin has coloured and is soft and the onions are charred and soft. Remove from the oven and let the vegies cool on a baking tray. Reduce the heat to 150° and roast the walnuts for 8 minutes. Crush lightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the faro or buckwheat according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- For the yoghurt sauce, in a mixing bowl, combine the yoghurt, sumac, cumin, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place the pumpkin down over plates and spoon over the yoghurt sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, gently combine the grains, walnuts, leaves, roast onions, dress with olive oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly distribute the salad on the plates, around the pumpkin.