- HFM Upcycled Salsa Verde
- A variety of vegetables to barbecue. Some suggestions include shallots, mixed onions, eggplants, zucchinis
- Remove the tomahawk steak from the fridge to bring to room temperature then coat with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To barbecue the tomahawk steak, set up your barbecue and cook the steak on both sides for a minimum of 10-12 minutes each side (a large steak will need more time). If you’re using a barbecue with charcoal, make sure to move the steak around so that the heat travels around the steak evenly, cooking it through as evenly as possible. Once the steak is cooked, set aside and cover with foil or a large plate, and let it rest.
- For the salad, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and slice the red onion. Place into a salad bowl along with the mixed leaves and season with olive oil and salt.
- Whilst the barbecue is on, cook the additional vegetables by seasoning with olive oil and salt then cook the vegetables on all sides.
- To serve, carve the tomahawk steak into thin slices and top with the fresh salsa verde. Serve with salad and optional vegetables.
Prep time: 30 minutes.
Cook time: approx. 20-30 minutes (depending on the size and how well cooked you'd like the steak)
Serves: 2-3 (depending on steak size)