Now this one's a little bit fancy! Try out this sensational recipe from Teff Tribe for an equally impressive and tasty dish.
- Juice of 6 oranges and 2 lemons
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 5 tbsp caster sugar
Teff tabouli and dates:
- 300g brown teff grain
- 3 roma tomatoes (medium size)
- 1 Spanish onion (small size)
- 100g parsley
- 8 leaves mint
- 5 dates
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 1 pinch of ground all spices.
- 1 pinch 5 spices mix.
- 200g thick yogurt
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pinch of zaatar
- 1 pinch of dried mint
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius
- Put all the citrus glaze ingredients together in a pot and cook on a medium heat and reduce down to a quarter
- Cool glaze down and filter
- In a pot put a spoon of olive oil and fry the teff grain for around 1 minute
- Add 1.5 parts of water & cook for around 8 minutes
- Remove from the stove and rest for another 10 minutes to let the teff let cool down
- Roast the salmon in the pre-heated oven for around 7 mins or as to your preference
- Cut the tomatoes in quarters, remove the inside and then dice it
- Dice the onions, chop the parsley, mint, dates and cranberries and put in a bowl
- Mix the teff with all of the above tabouli ingredients together and dress with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, mix all the labne ingredients together and set aside
- Plate up all ingredients and enjoy.
Recipe by Teff Tribe.