Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 5-10 mins
- 1 Bunch Shallots
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Fry Shallots
- ½ Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Clean the Shallots by removing the old leaves and by wiping them with a damp cloth. Cut off root ends and cut into 5 cm batons.
- Bring a wok or a large frying pan to high heat. Add the cooking oil.
- Add the whiter parts of the shallots first and cook for 3 mins while stirring.
- Then add the rest of the shallots. Add the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and the sesame oil. Cook for 2 mins until soften and caramelised.
- Add the sesame seeds and serve on a platter.
- Sprinkle with fry shallots and serve hot.
- Serve as a side dish with rice.
- Make it a meal by adding any source of protein and or any other vegetable or tofu.