Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 500g Chicken Thighs
- 120ml Black Bean Sauce
- 2 Cups of Jasmine Rice
- 2 Green Shanghai Bunches
- Cooking Oil
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions and keep warm. Bring a pot with salted water to the boil.
- Add the chicken thighs and ½ a bottle of black bean sauce into a bowl. Mix through.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, drizzle cooking oil and sear the marinated chicken for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add a ¼ cup of water, mix through cover with a lid and leave to cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the Green Shanghai in half and cook in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain well.
- Remove the lid from the chicken. Turn heat up to high and cook further for 1 minute until sauce bubbles.
- Serve black bean chicken with jasmine rice and Green Shanghai. Drizzle with extra pan juices.