Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 Punnets Truss Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Corn on the cob
- ¼ Spanish Onion
- 400g Black Eye Beans
- ½ Bunch Coriander
- 1 tsp Mexican Spice Mix
From the pantry:
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. Place the cherry truss tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and half of the Mexican spice mix. Toss well and place into the oven for 15-20mins until soft.
3. Meanwhile, peel the husk of the corn off and slice the kernels off the cob with a knife and into a bowl. Wash and finely chop the coriander and add to the bowl.
4. Drain well the Black eye beans and rinse with tub water. Once drained add to the salad bowl.
5. Finely dice the onion and add to the salad. Season with salt, pepper and the rest of the spice mix, drizzle with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss and set aside.
6. Remove tomatoes from the oven once ready and place on top of the salad. Pour over all the cooking juices from the tray, garnish with some coriander leaves and serve.