- 4 x 190g jars roasted cherry tomatoes in oil, drained, oil reserved
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 100g Persian feta, crumbled
- 2 tbs small basil leaves, to garnish
- Balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease four 12cm blini pans or small non-stick pie dishes with some of the reserved oil.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes in a single layer over the base of each pan, packing in close together, to completely cover.
- Cut 4 circles from the pastry, slightly larger than the base of the pans. Place pastry over the tomatoes, tucking in the edges. Place on a tray and bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Remove the tarts from the oven and stand for 10 minutes, then turn out onto serving plates.
- Scatter with the feta and garnish with basil. Serve drizzled with balsamic and a little more of the reserved oil. Serves 4.
From the book delicious. Celebrate by Valli Little. Reproduced with the permission of delicious magazine and ABC Books.