A super easy roasted asparagus side dish - sometimes it’s the most simple of flavour combinations that can be the best.
- 2-3 x bunches of asparagus
- 8 x garlic cloves (skin kept on)
- 1 x lemon (halved and sliced)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the very ends of the asparagus by slicing off 2 cm or snapping the ends off using your fingers (if you are using young or the smaller asparagus this isn’t necessary).
- Place the asparagus onto a tray with baking paper along with the garlic cloves and sliced lemon and top with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray out of the oven and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve the asparagus along with the garlic cloves and lemon as a side.
- Lamb cutlets and a salad
- Roasted chicken and a butternut squash puree
- Egg and potato salad
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cook time: 25 minutes.
Serves: 2, as a side.