This is my favourite fruit compote. The flavour is sensational. No added sugar, just the magical aroma of cardamom. Best served with porridge or natural yoghurt.
- 800g Beurre Bosc Pears, cut into 2cm chunks (leave skin on)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange
- 1/2 orange zest
- 5 cardamom pods lightly crushed
- Small pinch of saffron threads
- 60ml water
- Place juice, zest, water, cardamom & saffron in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add chopped pear, mix to coat then cover with baking paper, lid and cook for about 20 mins on low. The juices will thicken to a thin syrup.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
Recipe by @maya_mesimeris