- 1/2 sourdough loaf, torn into 2.5cm chunks (to give 5 cups)
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red capsicums, roasted (or use ready-roasted capsicum pieces), cut into strips
- 200g buffalo mozzarella or bocconcini, torn into pieces
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (150g) pitted kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Toss the bread in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Place on a baking trayand bake for 15–20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1 cup of basil leaves, reserving the remaining leaves to garnish. Combine with the remaining oil, garlic and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the croutons and all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and toss well with the dressing.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with the reserved basil.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop. Serves 6.
From the book delicious. Weekends by Valli Little. Reproduced with the permission of delicious magazine and ABC Books.