Warning. The Curious Cuts Beef Brisket is a seriously delicious cut. For melt-in-your-mouth meat, take your time when cooking.
- 1 packet Curious Cuts Beef Brisket (approx. 1 kg)
- 1 tbsp Texan spice mix
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 savoy cabbage
- 1/4 bunch shallots
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp crispy prawn chilli (Tean’s Gourmet)
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 kg baby kestrel potatoes
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 6 brioche buns
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 125 g sour cream
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. In a baking tray lined with baking paper, place the brisket and sprinkle over the Texan spice and salt and pepper then rub well. Place another sheet of baking paper on top, then cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Place the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and heat until the sugar has fully dissolved. Meanwhile, finely slice the cabbage and add to a bowl. Pour the syrup over the cabbage and toss well. Place a sheet of baking paper over the cabbage and press down very firmly then place in the fridge until serving.
- Finely slice the shallots, reserve a small handful then add the rest to a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, crispy prawn chilli, soy sauce, sesame oil, and the juice of half a lemon. Mix well and place in the fridge.
- Halve the potatoes and place in a large pot and fill with salted water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 10 mins until slightly soft, drain well. Place on a baking tray, drizzle 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil, season with salt and pepper then toss well.
- Remove brisket from oven and discard the foil and baking paper. Place back in the oven uncovered, as well as the potatoes. Cook brisket for a further 30 mins until golden, cooked through and tender, remove from oven and rest.
- Increase oven temperature to 220°C and roast potatoes for about 20 mins until golden and crisp.
- Finely slice the brisket then toss through the juices. Slice avocado into thin segments. Grill or warm the brioche buns and serve with spicy mayo, pickled cabbage, sliced avo, beef brisket and kimchi. Serve burgers with roasted potatoes, sour cream, sweet chilli sauce and reserved shallots.
Cook Time: 3 hours