Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40-45 mins
Ready in: 50 mins
- 2 cups of spelt flour
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 3 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup citrus juice (lemon, orange, grapefruit)
- 1 tsp citrus zest
- 1 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- Harris Farm Unsweetened Coconut Yoghurt
- Fruits and herbs to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift flour, almond meal and baking powder into a big bowl.
- Add the citrus juice, zest, vanilla and maple syrup into the dry mix. Stir through until combined. Be careful to not overmix as it will be very dense.
- Pour the mixture into the lined load tin, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the baking tin for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack and let the cake cool completely before applying the frosting.
- Once the loaf has cooled generously, apply the coconut yoghurt and decorate with any citrus fruit or garnishes on hand - get creative!
This recipe was created for us by Georgia aka Koori Kitchen. Georgia is a proud Gamilaroi woman born in small-town NSW, who has a passion for health and food, coinciding to create healthy, wholesome recipes for everyone to enjoy!
Check out Georgia's Instagram page here.