- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4-5cm piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp miso paste
- pinch of chilli flakes if desired
- 1-2 cups of brewed green tea,with a splash of soy sauce
- 1 packet green tea soba noodles
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, leaves separated
- Combine garlic and ginger with soy sauce, oil, mirin, miso and chilli if desired in a food processor.
- On an oven tray lay out a long sheet of foil and place salmon skin side down on foil. Marinate the fillets generously with garlic and ginger mix, reserving half for the bok choy. Fold the foil to create a pocket. Cook salmon fillets in 180C oven for 15mins.
- In a wok on medium heat brown the onion. Add reserved marinade and cook until reduced to a sauce. Add bok choy to the wok with a splash of water and cook until just tender.
- Prepare noodles as per packet instructions and add to wok
- Toss noodles and bok choy in sauce. Serve salmon on top of noodles and bok choy. Spoon desired amount of green tea and soy sauce brew into bowl over noodles.
Recipe thanks to Tori Clapham toriclapham.com