You totally can have dip for dinner. Particularly if it combines spiced beans, zippy salsa, guacamole and goat cheese. All you need now is some tortilla chips (and maybe a margarita).
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- half a small bunch of coriander, roots trimmed and stems finely diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 x 440 g can of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 x 440 g can or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp salsa chipotle
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice of 1 lime
- 60 g goat curd, crumbled
- Tortilla chips to serve
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add half the diced onion, the chopped coriander roots and olive oil. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the onion has softened. Add the drained beans and salsa chipotle and sauté to warm through. Place at the bottom of the individual bowls, or at the base of the large serving bowl.
- Combine the remainder of the diced onion with the diced tomatoes. Toss together and season with a little salt. Add to the top of the beans.
- Mash together the flesh of the avocado with the juice of the lime and the leaves of the coriander to make guacamole. Add to the top of the salsa. Top with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe by Tori Haschka.