- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Brush lamb with oil, season generously with salt flakes and ground pepper. Rub chopped herbs like rosemary, thyme, oregano and grated lemon rind over the lamb.
- Peel a few of cloves of garlic and cover them with boiling water for a few minutes. Drain and cut into thick slices. This method removes any raw flavour from the garlic. Make small incisions over the top of the lamb and press the garlic in.
- Roast the lamb in a medium sized roasting dish for 20-25 minutes roasting time per 500g for a medium doneness.
- Rest the lamb for 20 minutes before carving. It will be much juicer and tastier.
Fresh Mint Sauce
Bring 1/2 cup sherry or red wine vinegar and 1/4 cup raw sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat, and stir in half a bunch of chopped mint (leaves only). Season with ground salt and pepper. Stand for 30 minutes before serving.