Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 6 medium lamb cutlets
- 6 store-bought Shiralee lamb koftas
- 6 vegan sausages
- 3 Tbsp Repurposeful Picks Salsa Verde plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large eggplant, cut into quarters lengthwise
- 2 zucchini, cut in half
- 2 red capsicum, cut into quarters
- 2 broccolini, ends trimmed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 400g truss cherry tomatoes
- Place the lamb cutlets in a large dish and add the salsa verde, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Cover and marinate for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- To make the balsamic glaze, place the balsamic vinegar and sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Allow the sugar to dissolve and for the mix to reduce by ⅓ or until it is thick and glossy. Season with cracked pepper and a little salt and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃ and preheat the BBQ to medium/high heat.
- Toss the vegetables with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss through the rosemary and 2 tablespoons of the balsamic glaze.
- Keep each vegetable together, place on the grill and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes or until grill marks appear and you can turn them easily. Cook on the remaining side for a further 3-4 minutes or until tender, brushing with the balsamic glaze as it cooks. Some of the vegetables will take a little longer than others. Keep warm.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for around 10 minutes or until golden.
- To cook the meat, place the lamb cutlets and kofta onto the hot grill and place the vegan sausages on a separate part of the BBQ or in a separate frypan with a little olive oil over medium heat. Cook the lamb cutlets for around 3 minutes on each side and rest for 3-4 minutes. Cook the kofta for around 2 minutes each side. Cook the vegan sausages for around 3 minutes each side or until nicely browned.
- To assemble, place the vegetables down on a large platter and arrange the lamb cutlets, kofta and vegan sausages among them (you might like to arrange a second platter with the vegan sausages and some of the vegetables to keep it separate). Place some cherry tomatoes around the platter and serve with extra HFM salsa verde.
Breda is a freelance food content creator, recipe developer and stylist living and working in Sydney. She is passionate about all food that is full of flavour; community, family, heritage and hospitality are at the centre of her food philosophy. She runs Una Mas Creative with her husband, making original and branded content. Check out Breda's Instagram here, and Unamas Creative page here!