This smokey, lemony Chicken and Chorizo Paella by this week's #HarrisFarmFoodie @carliehassell does not only look good but tastes delish too!
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- pinch of saffron
- 15g of fresh oregano
- 70 g chorizo
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, bone removed
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 2 cups chicken stock chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 300 g paella rice (or short grain rice)
- 100 g peas
- 1 lemon
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Put a glug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, and chorizo and allow to fry for a couple of minutes and render out some of the fat from the chorizo.
- Add the onion, carrot, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through the tomato purée then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes allowing it to absorb the flavour that's already in the pan.
- Pour in 2 cups of warm chicken stock and add in the pinch of saffron and a pinch of salt and pepper, follow with 1 cup of white wine. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in, and adding a splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the peas, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through.
- Test the seasoning and scatter the fresh origano over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.