Prep time: 15mins
Cooking time: 30mins
- 1 Tomahawk steak
- 1 Tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbsp chopped thyme
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- ¼ bunch parsley chopped
- 125g butter
- Selection of mustard or relishes
- Let the butter soften for at least 3 hrs, allowing it to reach room temperature, before using.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rosemary, thyme, parsley by picking leaves and removing stems, and finely chop along with the garlic. Once the butter has softened, mix the herbs, garlic and chilli altogether. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the BBQ to high heat. Rub the tomahawk with salt, pepper and olive oil. Once the BBQ is hot, place the tomahawk on and cook for approx. 3 mins on each side, repeating for 3-4 rounds, depending on the size and thickness of the steak. Turn down to low and close the lid; let cook for 10mins for medium-rare.
- Brush the steak on the final rounds with the garlic herb butter, reserving some to use while the steak is resting. You can also close the lid in between rounds for faster cooking; it will cook similar to an oven. Remove the steak from the grill and brush with the remaining garlic herb butter. Rest for at least 15mins.
- Serve tomahawk with a selection of mustards or relishes of your preference.