Featuring Beef Bavette from our Curious Cuts range, this recipe is so simple and definitely is a great BBQ idea.
- 600g (approx 2) beef bavette steaks
For the Marinade:
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smokey paprika
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
For the Salad:
- 200g baby heirloom tomatoes, chopped roughly
- handful snow pea sprouts
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 50g sheep's milk feta (optional)
- a few coriander leaves
- Combine marinade ingredients in a glass dish. Add meat to marinade and rub all over, cover and allow marinate for at least 30 mins at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove meat from the marinade. Grill steaks on high heat for minutes on each side until browned and place in oven for 5 mins for medium-rare.
- Remove from the oven, cover in aluminium foil and set aside. If you don't like your meat rare, slice the bavette into 1cm-thick slices once out of the oven and grill slices for 10 seconds on each side before serving.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes and pea sprouts on a platter, drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Top with slices of the bavette steak and top with chilli flakes and crumbled feta cheese, if using and coriander leaves.
Recipe by Martyna Angell - The Wholesome Cook.