A crunchy, warm salad packed to the brim with fresh peas, asparagus, nuts, mint and grilled cream cheese finished off with light and lemony dressing.
Warm Spring Salad
- 1/3 cup freshly shelled garden peas
- 100g snow peas
- 125g block cream cheese
- Olive oil spray
- 2 bunches small asparagus spears
- 3 sprigs fresh mint, shredded
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon seed mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Line a biscuit tray with baking paper. Cut the cream cheese into cubes, approx 1cm x 1cm, and spread them out on the tray. Spray cheese with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the cheese for approx. 10 minutes, or until the cheese begins to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. On another tray, roast the hazelnuts until golden and aromatic.
- Chop the woody ends off the asparagus and steam the asparagus, along with the peas. Top and tail the snow peas, cut them into ribbons diagonally and and blanch them in boiling water.
- Arrange the steamed asparagus spears on a plate. Toss the peas, snow peas, hazelnuts, mint and grilled cream cheese together, and arrange over the asparagus.
- Put the lemon juice, mustard and olive oil in a small jar with a lid. Shake to combine, and pour over the vegetables. Serve warm.
Recipe thanks to this weekend's #HarrisFarmFoodie winner Alison Burdon who shared the fantastic recipe via Facebook.