- 1 cup oats
- 2 cups water (for oats)
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup or small handful of almonds (or other nuts)
- 4 tbsp Cocotribe natural coconut yoghurt
- Place the oats, water for the oats, a pinch of salt and cinnamon into a small pot and cover with a lid. Bring to the boil then remove the lid and simmer on a low heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile create the pomegranate syrup by using your hands to press and roll the pomegranate on the kitchen bench (pressing down on the pomegranate will help extract the juice from the seeds). Slice the pomegranate in half and juice the pomegranate by using a manual juicer or you can remove all of the seeds and use a small food processor or blender. Use a sieve to separate any remaining seeds from the pomegranate juice.
- Place the fresh pomegranate juice into a small pot and add the honey. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat stirring continuously. After 2-3 minutes or once the honey has completely melted and mixed through the pomegranate juice, set aside.
- Slice the banana into small pieces and roughly chop the almonds.
- To serve the porridge, evenly divide the warm oats between two plates, add the banana, drizzle over the pomegranate syrup (as much or as little as you like), top each bowl with 2 tablespoons of Cocotribe yoghurt, and finally sprinkle with the almonds.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10-15 mins
Recipe & pics by Anastasia Zolotarev.