This recipe screams summer to me. It’s perfectly refreshing and I love how bright the mango is, adding the perfect pop of colour to your table.
- 185g self-raising flour
- 170g caster sugar
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 80ml full cream milk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 1-2 mangoes, skin removed and flesh thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 600ml pouring cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm springform cake tin with softened butter and line the base with baking paper.
- Place all cake ingredients in the bowl of your mixer. Beat on a low speed until combined (about 30 seconds). Increase the speed to high and beat for two-three minutes until thick and pale. Spoon the mixture into your prepared tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and vanilla bean in a clean bowl. Spread cream over the top of the cake. Top with the sliced mango and coconut, arranging the mango as ripples, and serve.