Perfect for toast or any other exciting desserts calling for pineapple jam.
Two-ingredient Pineapple Jam
- 600 grams fresh pineapple flesh
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Peel the whole pineapple and slice into quarters from top to bottom. Make sure to trim the core off and discard.
- Chop the fresh pineapple into 2-inch chunks and place in a blender on slow speed in 10 seconds interval until crushed or using a food processor on 'chop' setting.
- Pour the crushed pineapple and sugar into a large saucepan and cook over medium-low heat. Then bring the contents to a boil.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened or until the temperature reaches 104c on a thermometer if you have one. Make sure the heat is not too high to avoid burning the jam.
- Pour or spoon the jam into a jar with a tight-fitting lid, let it cool down and store in the refrigerator.
This recipe will make for about 500ml pineapple jam.