Sweet flavoured grape tomatoes teamed with their natural partner ham make a perfect combination in this easy to make creamy tart
Grape Tomatoes and Ham Tart
- 2 sheets (25 x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, just thawed
- 2 eggs
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 20g (1/4 cup) shredded parmesan
- 1 x 250g punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 100g sliced parma ham, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place 1 pastry sheet on a clean work surface. Place the remaining pastry sheet, slightly overlapping, alongside. Press the edges to seal.
- Line a round 3cm-deep, fluted tart tin or tins, with the pastry and trim the excess.
- Cover with non-stick baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and pastry weights or rice.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, oregano and 2 tablespoons of parmesan in a large jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomato and ham in the pastry case.
- Place on a baking tray. Carefully pour over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until set and golden. Serve.