Super moist lemon raspberry muffins that taste like your favourite bakery-style treats!
Super Moist Lemon Raspberry Muffins
- 1 and ½ cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 2 and ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil (canola, vegetable or corn works too)
- 1 cup greek yogurt or light sour cream (we used ½ greek yogurt + ½ sour cream)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place a rack near the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, oil, yogurt (or sour cream), eggs, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Continue to whisk until the sugar dissolves. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and fold until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in the raspberries. Divide the muffin batter into the muffin pans and bake for 18 - 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean with just a few crumbs. Let muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.*