Celebrate the arrival of the Queensland’s new season strawberries with this delicious, rustic pastry that everyone will love.
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 150g butter, cut into pieces
- 2 to 4 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 600g (3 punnets) strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup / 50g ground almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for dusting strawberries
- Sweetened flavored whipped cream, for serving
- Prepare the pastry. Mix the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the butter and work with the fingers to a crumbly texture. Mix the water in quickly until the dough just holds together. Pat into a disk, wrap and refrigerate half an hour.
- Mix the almonds, flour and sugar. Roll out the chilled dough into a circle and set on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Spread the almond mixture over, leaving a 3 inch margin.
- Toss the strawberries with the additional sugar and arrange on top. Fold the edges of the galette dough up over the berries and bake until the crust is crisp and golden, for 20-25 minutes.
Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream, flavored with vanilla or cinnamon. Otherwise, warm up a cup of Harris Farm Markets Strawberry Jam and glaze on top for that extra sweetness and flavour.ENJOY