Enjoy the warmth of a home-baked pizza using this easy to follow recipe.
Spinach Pizza with Cherry Tomatoes
- 500 g pizza dough (Homemade or Store Bought)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 350 g mozarella cheese, grated/shredded
- 250 g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 spanish (red) onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sautéed English spinach, squeezed dry
- Pinch of cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 225 C and cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into two equal balls. If you're looking for a home-made pizza dough recipe, you can find one here.
- On a lightly floured counter or bread board, roll one of the dough balls into a 10-inch round base, then place on the parchment paper lined tray. Roll out the second ball in the same way
- Lightly brush the tops of both bases with the olive oil, then scatter the cheese across the tops of each one.
- Distribute the spinach, onions, and tomatoes equally between each dough, and then season with some black pepper and sea salt.
- Bake the for about 20 minutes, or until they are bubbly and browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then use a pizza wheel to slice into 8 to 10 pieces.