- 300g Flathead fillets or any white-fleshed fish
- 100g Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 100ml oil for frying
- Remove the bones from the fish and cut into thick strips.
- Beat the egg and pour the panko crumbs onto a plate, season with salt and pepper. Dip the fish into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs until it’s covered completely.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan and fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove and drain on some kitchen paper while you prepare the tacos.
- Prepare mangoes by slicing off each cheek and cutting a lattice pattern in the flesh of each cheek, without cutting through the skin. Use a spoon to scoop out small bite size pieces.
- Remove the seeds from the capsicum and dice.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the salsa.
- Build your taco by layering some cucumber, salsa, fish and squeeze over the mayonnaise. Top with plenty of mango salsa. Wrap into a cylinder closing one end off and serve.
Recipe from Australian Mangoes.