Sunday roasts will be extra special with this delicious lamb soaked in garlic and rosemary.
Rosemary and garlic roast lamb leg
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 preserved lemon
- 1 leg of lamb, bone out and butterfly
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor blend the garlic, anchovy, lemon and rosemary with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- Rub the butterfly lamb leg with the paste and leave to marinade for a few hours
- Roast the lamb leg until cooked and season with olive oil and lemon juice to serve
How to oven roast lamb leg
Roasting is one of the easiest cooking methods. Once the roast is in the oven, it takes care of itself.
- Preheat Oven 180C.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting dish. Raising the roast allows the heat to circulate, browning it evenly. Brush with oil and season as desired
- Different meats require different cooking times per fixed weight. For ease and accuracy use a meat thermometer (as a guide per 500g of lamb leg cook for 20-25min to attain rare, 25-30min to attain medium and 30-35min to attain well done)
- Remove roast when cooked to desired degree. Transfer to plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10-20 minutes before carving. Carve the roast across the grain to ensure tenderness.
BY THE THERMOMETER
- Rare = 55-60 degrees
- Medium Rare = 60-65 degrees
- Medium = 65-70 degrees
- Medium Well = 70-75 degrees
- Well Done = 75 degrees