Miso and zucchini are the perfect match. Try this simple flavour-packed recipe.
- 5 Imperfect Picks zucchinis (1.5 kg)
- 2-3 tbsp. miso paste (shiro miso)
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. tamari sauce
- 3 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Slice the zucchinis crossways in half and then place onto a baking tray. Use a fork to make holes on the inside surface of the zucchini, all the way down on each zucchini.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or mini whisk, mix the miso paste in with the honey and tamari sauce until smooth.
- Brush the miso honey paste mixture over each zucchini half generously.
- Place the tray with zucchinis into the oven for 45 minutes or until you see the paste begin to turn a darker colour with golden edges.
- Remove from the oven and top with black sesame seeds.
- Great as a side to roast chicken with a pumpkin and green salad for a complete dinner meal.
- As an afternoon snack.
- As a topping for soba noodles – just cut up the roasted zucchini halves and place over the top of cooked soba noodles.
Prep time: 10 minutes.
Cooking time: 45 minutes.
Serves: 4, as a side dish.