Sweet meets savoury in this stunning warm salad with a touch of crunch
Roasted Beetroot, Green Beans, Walnuts & Goats Cheese Salad
- 900g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 450g fresh beetroot, trimmed, peeled, and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C. In a large roasting pan combine green beans, beets, and shallots. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes or until beans and beets are tender, stirring once or twice and adding walnuts during the last 10 to 15 minutes of roasting.
- To serve, transfer roasted vegetables to a serving platter. Sprinkle with goats cheese.