With pumpkins in season, there's no better timing to give this delicious pumpkin soup recipe a go.
- 400g pumpkin
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium carrot
- 500ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Dash of ground cumin
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Dash of ground coriander
- Dash of ground tumeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander (optional, for garnishing)
- Sour Cream (optional, for serving)
- Peel the vegetables and cut into rough 3cm chunks. Place in a medium saucepan. Add all other ingredients, making sure all the vegetables are mostly covered by the water (add a little extra if you have to).
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes with the lid on. Remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly. Use a stick blender to puree the vegetables.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, and garnished with fresh coriander. Serves 3.
Recipe shared by #harrisfarmfoodie @redgumboots.