- 500g Dakota Chief Potatoes or King Edward potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup of cream
- 30g Gruyere cheese, grated
- 20g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, finely slice your potato.
- Add sliced potato into a bowl and add salt and cream. Stir to combine.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and add in the potatoes. Fill up the dish with overlapped layers of potato. Overlapping allows the potatoes to be level and cook evenly.
- Pour the cream over the top of the potatoes, adding enough to just reach the top of the potatoes. Add in a pinch of salt, gruyere, and parmesan.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for 40-50 minutes until the gratin looks nice and golden brown.
- Serve aside a beautiful piece of roast chicken or beef.