Light and fluffy. Impress with this simple souffle creation that takes just 15 minutes.
- Pulp of 3 passionfruits
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar, plus 1 tablespoon extra to coat
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup vanilla custard
- Icing sugar
- passionfruit sorbet
- thickened cream
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Butter four 200ml ramekins. Coat the inside with extra sugar, shaking off any excess.
- Whisk egg whites with electric beaters until soft peaks form, then beat in sugar until stiff and shiny.
- Fold in passionfruit and custard, keeping as much volume in the mixture as possible.
- Divide mixture among ramekins.
- Run your finger around the inside edge to help soufflé rise.
- Bake for 8 minutes until golden and risen.
- Dust with sugar/Serve with sorbet and cream.