- 1 packet wafers (Dutch Bakery Stroopies used in this recipe)
- 1 litre of mango, coconut and kaffir lime sorbet, RECIPE HERE
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- Heat up a small fry pan on medium heat and add the shredded coconut. Gently stir until the coconut develops a lovely brown colour and the toasted coconut aroma smells develop. Keep an eye on it to prevent it burning, take it off the heat after 5 mins and transfer the coconut to a plate.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop out 3 half round shape scoops and gently push them down on a wafer using a spoon or a spatula creating a flat top for the top wafer to sit on. Being gentle not to break the wafers, place the top wafer on and set them aside in a tray while you make the remaining. If you’re making these on a hot day, work quickly to prevent the sorbet melting or place each one in the freezer as you make them.
- Roll one side of the sorbet into the toasted coconut and place the tray into the freezer to firm up before serving.
- They can be made ahead of time by storing in an airtight container in the freezer.
Makes: 5 sorbet sandwiches
Takes: 25 mins