Zesty and fresh, this granita is perfect to finish off a meal with or to use as a cocktail base next time you have guests over. The sweet and slighty salty ice cold citrus hit is heaven on a hot day!
- 3-4 limes, peeled
- ½ orange, peeled
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Tequila to serve (optional)
- Place water and sugar into a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add it to a blender. Add limes, orange and salt. Blend until smooth. Add mint and pulse until chopped finely.
- Pour mixture into a brownie pan and place into the freezer for one hour.
- After one hour, use a fork to pull the frozen edges into the middle of the pan and smooth out again. Replace into freezer for at least 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, use a fork to grate the granita up. Fill cups with granita and add a splash of tequila if you like. Or keep it virgin and garnish with mint and lime zest.
Recipe by Naturally Nutritious.