Slow cooked marinated ribletts makes for a fall-off-the-bone flavour sensation. Great as a party canapé or a tasty meal.
Lamb Ribletts with Garlic, Lemon and Thyme
- 800g lamb ribs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- Finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon, plus 1 tbsp juice
- 20mL extra-virgin olive oil
You'll give these ribs a real flavour hit by adding half the garlic and lemon paste prior to cooking and the rest just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 150C. Place ribs on an oven tray and score meat with a sharp knife.
- Pound garlic and a pinch of salt in a mortar and pestle to a fine paste. Stir in thyme, lemon rind, juice and oil. Rub half the garlic mixture over ribs, season to taste and
- Roast until meat falls from the bone (45 minutes-1 hour).
- Cut each rack into individual ribs, toss through remaining garlic mixture and serve hot.
Great as a party canapé or serve with a warm green salad comprising beans and fresh peas.