Dinner’s on the table in less than 20 minutes with this easy lamb chop and salad idea. Add variety by rubbing the lamb with a dried herblike mint or oregano, it’s a great way to add a flavour twist to the lamb.
Lamb chops with feta, tomato and asparagus
- 8 -12 lamb chops or cutlets
- 2 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ⅓ cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Wedges of lemon, new potatoes and green salad to serve
- Place the lamb chops and asparagus in 2 separate dishes; pour the combined olive oil and lemon juice over both. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the barbecue flat-plate or char-grill plate to hot before adding the lamb. Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Cook lamb chops for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium or until done to your liking. Turn lamb once only. Test the lamb for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove lamb from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest lamb for 2 minutes before serving. While the lamb is cooking, add the asparagus to the barbecue and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and tender. To serve place the lamb and asparagus on plates, scatter the cherry tomatoes and feta over the top.
More details and essential tips available at the Beef and Lamb website.