This makes a great light lunch. Serve with crunchy tortilla strips and some guacamole. You can swap the longans and mangosteens for lychees or rambutans and the kingfish for any other very fresh firm fleshed white fish.
- 250 g fresh kingfish sashimi
- Juice of 2 limes/ 100 ml lime juice
- 1/2 red chilli, finely diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 radishes, finely sliced
- small handful of coriander, stems chopped and leaves kept whole
- 6 longans, peeled, seed removed and flesh finely sliced
- 2 mangosteen, peeled, seed removed and finely sliced. If they are very ripe then finely chop
- Salt and pepper
- Thinly slice the fish and arrange on a wide, shallow serving dish. Sprinkle with half the chilli and the onions and season well with salt and pepper. Pour over the lime juice and leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- When you are ready to eat drizzle with olive oil and scatter with the radishes, fruit, coriander and remaining chilli. Serve with tortilla strips or prawn crackers.
Recipe by Tori Haschka.