This hearty tomato and egg classic is an adaptation of traditional, rural Mexican fare - originally served as a late breakfast and designed to keep you going.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
½ bunch Tuscan kale
1 punnet Mix-a-Mato tomatoes
1/4 bunch coriander
1 tub tomato salsa
Salt and pepper
- Wash and strip the kale leaves from the hard stems. In a hot frying pan or casserole dish, drizzle olive oil and quickly sauté the Tuscan Kale leaves and set aside.
- In the same pan quickly sauté the tomatoes until brown & soft, season with salt and pepper and add the tomato salsa. Add the kale back into the pan, stir through sauce and set aside.
- Cook the eggs 2 at the time on a medium size frying pan on medium high heat until cooked and soft yolk.
- Heat up the tortillas on a hot frying pan for 30 seconds.
- Wash and pick the coriander and reserve few leaves for garnishing. Finely chop the rest of the coriander and add to the sauce.
- Put the sauce in a serving dish, top with eggs, garnish with reserved coriander and serve with warm tortilla on the side.
This is the kind of quick and casual meal that's just as good served straight from the pan if you don't want to make another dish dirty.