- 6 hot cross buns
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 160℃
- Whisk eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla essence in a medium bowl till combined
- Meanwhile cut hot cross buns in half and spread each side with butter then raspberry jam
- Place hot cross buns in an oven proof pan and pour custard mixture on top
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until custard is cooked through
- Serve warm with fresh raspberries
In 2020, Amir had just resigned from his job as a Project Manager in Melbourne and was about to set off on the adventure of a lifetime – a year of travelling the world with his wife, Alicia. Then, a global pandemic happened.
Amir returned to his job in the construction industry, and spent all of his spare time stuck at home in Melbourne’s strict COVID-19 lockdown. It was here that he reignited his passion for his first ever love, cooking.
The fulfillment Amir experienced from his time spent in the kitchen prompted him to commence the running of zoom cooking classes with his friends. As a result Amir felt compelled to apply for MasterChef 2021.
After 8 amazing weeks on the show, highs and lows, and meeting many great people along the way, Amir left the competition, and is pursuing his dream of educating people of the importance of food for a healthy body and mind.