Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
Serves: 4 side dishes
Sesame garlic sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1cm ginger, finely grated
- 3 tbsp sesame oil (or water)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 wombok, quartered
- Sesame oil, as needed
- Toasted sesame seeds
To make the sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and mix until combined.
To cook the wombok:
- Heat a large frypan or BBQ grill to high. Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Place the wombok with the cut side down on the pan or grill. Try to fit as many as you can!
- Without moving the wombok, fry for 3-5 minutes or until underneath is golden brown. Flip and fry on the other side for another 3-5 minutes or until each wedge is soft and cooked through.
- Arrange the wedges of wombok on a serving plate and drizzle over the sauce. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve immediately.