- 1 Imperfect Eggplant
- 1 jar of HFM Zingy Miso Dressing
- 1 tub of HFM Quinoa and Coconut or Black Quinoa salad
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds and chopped mint to serve
- Wash and cut your eggplant lengthways. Lightly score the flesh side, this will help the flavour to disperse throughout the eggplant. Drizzle olive oil over the eggplant and generously season with salt and pepper. Pick of some mint leaves and finely slice.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of the Zingy Miso Dressing with ½ cup olive oil. Mix to combine. This is the miso marinade that you’ll use to brush over the eggplant while it's cooking.
- Preheat your grill or griddle pan and brush the eggplant with some of the miso marinade. Place the eggplant onto the grill, flesh side down. Cook for 5 minutes, and then brush with the miso marinade once again. Repeat this process for 20 minutes, until the eggplant is charred and softened.
- Place the black quinoa salad in a bowl or a serving platter. Add in your chopped mint and sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
- Once the eggplant is cooked, place it on top of the salad. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil or the HFM roasted sesame dressing.