These broccoli cutlets make a great healthy side or light meal. You can substitute the yoghurt for a coconut yoghurt to make the recipe dairy free.
Serves 4 as a light meal or communal dish as part of a larger spread.
- 1 cup farro
- ½ cup almonds, roasted, chopped
- 2 tbsp pepita seeds
- 50g golden raisins, roughly chopped
- 1 cup picked flat parsley
- 1 cup picked mint
- ½ cup shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- Pinch ground chili
- 2 lemon
- 2 heads broccoli
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the farro and cook for 15 minutes drain well then place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the nuts, seeds, herbs. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the tahini, yoghurt, garlic, cumin, chilli, lemon zest, and juice of 1 lemon and 2 tsp water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut each head of broccoli into 6 pieces to create ‘cutlets’.
- Place in a bowl and toss with olive oil and seasoning.
- Preheat a BBQ or grill pan over a medium-high heat.
- Grill the cutlets for around 6 minutes, turning onto all sides to cook evenly.
- Dress the farro salad with the vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste
- To serve, spoon a generous amount of tahini yoghurt onto a large platter or smaller individual plates. Spoon over the farro then top with the broccoli cutlets