- 1 x kale bunch
- 200g french beans (ends removed)
- 150-200g x peas
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 x dill (small handful)
- 2 tbsp x tahini
- 1 x lemon
- ½ tsp x honey
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a baking tray with a baking sheet.
- Remove the stem of the kale then rinse the kale and dry with a paper towel. If there are any large pieces of kale just break them apart so that the kale is mostly all the same size so they cook through evenly in the oven. Place the kale scattered around the baking tray and bake for 10-15 or so minutes in the middle shelf of the oven. Once you see the kale turning a darker colour and start to look dry just remove from the oven. Allow to cool down and the kale should be crunchy. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Blend the tahini, ½ cup of the olive oil, juice from 1 lemon and the honey altogether until a creamy dressing has formed. Set aside.
- Clean the peas by removing the skin and set aside.
- Heat a medium size pan and add the remaining olive oil. Add the French beans. Cook the French beans turning them once in a while. Add the peas and cook for a further minute. Remove from the pan after a total of 5 or so minutes. The beans should be golden brown on their sides.
- In a mixing bowl throw in the spinach and dill, then add the cooked beans and peas.
- Serve these greens over your plates, add the crunchy kale on the side and drizzle the lemon tahini dressing over the salad.
- Serve this salad as a side of some freshly pan fried trout or seared tuna or for a vegetarian option serve along with a roasted beetroot puree and quinoa salad.
Serves: 2, as a side salad.
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 10.
Recipe and photos by Anastasia Zolotarev. Click here to see her blog.